Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the brownies
For the caramel cornflake crunch
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a ban marie, or in the microwave, stirring until combined.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a mixer (or with a hand whisk). Turn to a low speed and slowly add the melted chocolate and butter.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder, remembering to scrape down the sides as you mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the edge comes out clean. The middle should still be wet, and wobbly. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the caramel cornflake crunch, add a layer of the sugar to a large pot over a low heat. As this begins to melt, sprinkle more sugar on top, and repeat. Try to avoid touching it too much, and remove from the heat once it’s completely melted and amber in colour. It’s important to watch it as it easily burns.
- Pour the double cream into the melted sugar gradually, stirring as you go to combine. It will bubble and spit so take care. Add the butter into the mix to make it glossy and thick. Fold in the cornflakes, ensuring none are left uncoated or dry.
- Pour the cornflake mixture over the cooled brownies and spread it evenly. Let it cool at room temperature, then move it to the fridge until it is firm enough to cut.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- If you’re melting butter and chocolate in the microwave, make sure to heat it in 30-second bursts, stirring between each one.
- You can swap milk chocolate with dark chocolate for an even more indulgent brownie.
- Swap cornflakes for any of your favourite cereals! Golden Nuggets or Honey Cheerios would also work great!
Per serving: 869kcals, 50.9g fat (32.4g saturated), 103.5g carbs (75g sugars), 9.8g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.369g sodium
Popular in Brownies
Cookie dough brownies