Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cupcakes:
For the buttercream:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- First, make the cupcakes. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the flour, caster sugar and butter until a sandy texture forms.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla. Slowly stream this into the butter mix to form a smooth batter. Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the icing sugar, softened butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add a little boiling water to loosen the buttercream if required.
- Using a piping bags with a star nozzles, pipe on a swirl of buttercream on top of each cupcake.
- To make the bunny faces, divide the fondant in half. Leave half of the fondant white and add a few drops of red colouring to the other half. Knead the colour into the fondant until it’s a light pink colour.
- Take two small pieces of fondant, roll them into a two small balls and flatten them to an oval shape. Use a little cornflour on your fingers to stop them from sticking.
- Repeat step eight using two pieces of the pink fondant and making them slightly smaller than the white. Dip a paintbrush into a little water and use it to stick the pink onto the white.
- Repeat steps eight and nine until you have 24 ears made. Use the remaining pink fondant to make 12 small balls for the noses.
- Push the fondant ears down into the buttercream. Push the two eyes and the pink noses into the front of the buttercream.
Per Serving: 561kcals, 21.5g fat (12.8g saturated), 91.2g carbs (74.5g sugars), 3.9g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.156g sodium
Popular in Kids baking