A knob of butter
1 large egg, beaten
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon zest
30g plain flour
Fresh lemon juice
Syrup or honey
- Preheat the oven to 240˚C/220˚C fan/gas mark 9. Place the butter into an ovenproof frying pan (a 13cm pan works well) and set into the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- When the butter is foaming, swirl it around the pan to coat evenly.
- Pour in the batter and place back in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze over a bit of lemon juice. Top with icing sugar, fresh berries and a drizzle of syrup or honey.
Per serving: 359kcals, 22.8g fat (12.6g saturated), 26.7g carbs, 3.5g sugars, 11.6g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.215g sodium