2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves
1 x thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
1 red chilli
500g pork loin fillet
4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
400ml coconut milk
100g baby spinach
200g vermicelli noodles
Roasted unsalted peanuts
Small handful of fresh coriander
- Thinly slice the onion and peel and thinly slice the garlic.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Deseed and thinly slice the chilli.
- On a clean chopping board, slice the pork into chunks.
- Soak the noodles in freshly boiled water for 10 minutes until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and fry the onion for six minutes until it begins to soften and colour.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a couple more minutes until aromatic.
- Add the diced pork and increase the heat to brown all over.
- Add the peanut butter, kecap manis, soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut milk. Bring
- to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the pork is tender and the sauce a little reduced and thickened.
- Add the spinach, remove from the heat and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with noodles, squeeze lime juice over the top and sprinkle with peanuts and coriander leaves.
Per serving: 863kcals, 49.4g fat (26.8g saturated), 63.1g carbs (9.5g sugars), 47.1g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.82g sodium