180g flat rice noodles
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
400g beef mince
1 tsp Chinese five spice
4 tbsp Chinese rice wine
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
2 large carrots, shredded
100g curly kale, shredded
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Large handful of coriander leaves, torn
- Cook the noodles by soaking in boiling water for two minutes then drain and run under warm water. Set aside.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic and peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Finely slice the spring onions.
- Peel and shred the carrots and slice up the kale.
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan and fry the garlic and ginger for two minutes.
- Add the mince and brown all over then stir in the five spice.
- Add the rice wine, soy and hoisin sauce and bubble together until sticky. Add the spring onions, carrot and kale. Add a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes until just cooked.
- Toss the noodles into the wok with the sesame oil and serve scattered with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
Per serving: 443kcals, 16.3g fat (4g saturated), 39.4g carbs (11.1g sugars), 34.9g protein, 4.1g fibre, 1.182g sodium