Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cupcake sponges:
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the coconut oil and sugar in a mixing bowl for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Alternate beating in the flour and the chilled coconut milk until incorporated.
- Divide the batter among the cases and bake for 20-22 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Leave the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Pour off and discard any thin liquid from the top of the tin of coconut milk for the icing. Scoop the thick coconut milk into a mixing bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat for 2-3 minutes until thick.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut a small hole from the top into the centre of each cupcake. Transfer the raspberry jam into a small plastic bag with a corner cut off (or a piping bag), and use it to fill the hollowed-out centres of each cupcake.
- Spread icing onto the top of each cupcake and decorate with the desiccated coconut.
407kcals, 22.4g fat (18.9g saturated), 50.9g carbs, 35.1g sugars, 4.4g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.024g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Add 2-3 drops of food colouring to some or all of the icing to make it pink, if desired. Toast the coconut for topping the buns in a dry pan for an extra nutty flavour.