Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the doughnuts in a large mixing bowl until a dough forms.
- Transfer to a work surface dusted with flour and knead for 10 minutes until very smooth and elastic.
- Place in a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for one hour.
- Knead it again on a floured work top, then divide into 12 balls. Place on a baking tray and leave to rise for one hour.
- Heat a deep fat fryer (or a pot filled with sunflower oil) to 180˚C. Gently lower each doughnut into the oil and cook for five minutes per side until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, place the caster sugar in a shallow bowl. While the doughnuts are still warm, coat in the sugar. Use a small, sharp knife to cut a hole from the side and into the centre of each doughnut. Fill a piping bag with the raspberry jam and slowly pipe the jam into the doughnut. Repeat with the custard. These are best enjoyed on the day they are made.
Per Serving Serving 288kcals, 5.1g fat (2.4g saturated), 54.4g carbs, 19.2g sugars, 6.6g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.057g sodium
Popular in Vegetarian
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR