350g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
100g dried fruit, e.g. blueberries, cranberries, raisins or a mixture (optional)
40g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Coarse sea salt
- To toast the quinoa, heat a deep, nonstick pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add about one-third of the quinoa into the pan; it should just cover the bottom in a single layer. The quinoa will begin to pop. Cook for one minute or until lightly toasted, shaking the pan often. Repeat until all of the quinoa has been toasted.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the toasted quinoa, dried fruit (if using) and chopped hazelnuts. Add half of the mixture to the chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Spread the chocolate out evenly onto the lined baking tray. Scatter over the remaining quinoa mixture and sprinkle over a pinch of coarse sea salt. Place in the fridge to set.
- Break the bark into pieces. Store in airtight bags.
Per Serving: 209kcals, 13.9g fat (6.8g saturated), 18.1g carbs (10.4g sugars), 2.6g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.078g sodium