4 chicken fillets, chopped into small bite-sized slices
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 medium courgette, halved and sliced 1cm thick
6 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- In a bowl or a sealable bag, combine the chicken with the cornflour.
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oils together in a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the chicken on all sides, shaking off excess cornflour before adding the chicken to the pan. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Carefully wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper and turn the heat to high.
- Add the mushrooms and courgette and cook for 5-6 minutes until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan and stir to coat.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar. Stir to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Per serving: 366kcals, 13.9g fat (3.5g saturated), 15.8g carbs (4.4g sugars), 43.1g protein, 1.9g fibre, 1.029g sodium.