Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put the panko breadcrumbs into a shallow dish, flour in a second dish and the beaten egg into a third.
- Dip the prawns in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Take a large frying pan, pour in a 2 cm depth of sunflower oil and heat it gently for about five minutes. To test the oil is hot enough, add a cube of bread – it should turn golden in 15 seconds.
- Use a slotted spoon to add half the prawns to the hot oil – stand well back as the oil will spit when the prawns are added. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the prawns are golden in colour. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared tray to drain off any excess oil. Repeat to cook the remaining prawns.
- Serve the prawns with a wedge of lemon and homemade sweet chilli sauce.
Per serving: 437kcals, 29.3g fat (3.3g saturated), 19g carbs, 6g sugars, 23.8g protein, 1g fibre, 0.161g sodium
Dairy-freeDinnerFish & seafoodFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendly30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo