200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
1½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 small onion, sliced
60g Gruyère, grated
30g butter, melted
Potato wedges, wholemeal toast or green leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Season generously and roast for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in an ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion until soft and golden brown, seasoning with salt and pepper. Spread the onion slices out evenly.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and Gruyère. Scatter half of the mixture over the onion.
- Use the back of a spoon to make four wells in the mixture. Crack one egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the melted butter into the remaining breadcrumb mixture, then sprinkle over the top of the eggs.
- Bake for five minutes or until the eggs are barely set. Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat.
- Transfer the pan to the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden, being careful not to overcook the eggs. Serve immediately with the cherry tomatoes and some potato wedges, wholemeal toast or simply some green leaves.
Per Serving 578kcals, 42.7g fat (17.9g saturated), 26g carbs (6.5g sugars), 24.8g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.577g sodium