Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cauliflower and thyme mash:
For the chicken:
- Place the chicken stock in a large pot and bring to a boil over a high heat. Add the cauliflower and return to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Meanwhile, start cooking the chicken. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken fillets.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Turn the chicken fillets over. Cover and let simmer again for another 10 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add three tablespoons of chicken stock from the pot along with the butter. Whizz until smooth. Season to taste, then add the thyme and whizz until just combined.
- Add the chopped spring onions to the chicken in the pan. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the sour cream and season to taste. Mix well.
- Cover and let stand on the stove top for five minutes. Stir well, then serve with the mashed cauliflower.
Per serving: 530kcals, 36.5g fat (19.3g saturated), 7.6g carbs, 2.2g sugars, 42.8g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.51g sodium
ChickenIrishDinnerLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyDinnerLow carbHigh-proteinKidsFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad