Olive oil, for cooking
4 Sicín Sásta chicken breast fillets
Salt and black pepper
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
200g mushrooms, sliced
100ml dry white wine
400ml chicken stock
200ml double cream
small handful of Fresh parsley, chopped
Fluffy rice, or cooked farfalle pasta
Flavour is what sets great-tasting chicken apart! Try something delicious and warming for autumn with a Sicín Sásta dish that’s full of flavour. Serving up 100% Irish chicken, Sicín Sásta are passionate about their chickens growing slowly, at nature’s pace. Raised with this much grá, you know they’re worth crossing the aisle for!
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium-sized pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes until just golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium, then add another drizzle of oil. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan, allowing it to bubble for 2-3 minutes and scraping any sticky bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the stock. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid. Turn the heat to low and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
- Add the cream and parsley, then season to taste.
Per serving 413kcals, 25.9g fat (12.2g saturated), 7.4g carbs (2.3g sugars), 33.5g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.27g sodium
For more delicious recipes, see www.sicinsasta.ie.