300g kale, stems removed, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
3 leeks, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Juice of ½ a lemon
150ml vegetable stock
4 tbsp basil pesto
8 fresh lasagne sheets
40g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a baking dish (around 25 x 18cm) with olive oil.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil, then add the kale. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then drain in a colander and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and season generously. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for two minutes. Add the kale, the lemon juice, the mascarpone and all but four tablespoons of the ricotta. Mix to combine well, then stir in just enough vegetable stock to loosen into a thick sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Spread one quarter of the sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Dollop over one tablespoon of the pesto, then layer on two of the lasagne sheets. Repeat the same layers three times, ending with lasagne sheets.
- Mix the reserved ricotta with a splash of stock, then spread over the top layer. Finish with the grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Allow to rest for five minutes, then slice and serve while still hot.
Per Serving 423kcals, 16.4g fat (8g saturated), 49.8g carbs (4.1g sugars), 21.9g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.363g sodium