Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt the butter in a pot over a medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and stir for 2-3 minutes using a wooden spoon to stir it together.
- Slowly add the vegetable stock a little at a time. Once you’ve added a little, switch to a whisk. Whisk continuously while gradually adding the remaining stock, then keep whisking for another 2-3 minutes to form a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the cream, plenty of black pepper and the miso, if using. Add the chickpeas and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Stir the pasta through the sauce, then divide amongst three bowls and top with some chopped parsley and an extra crack of black pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 528kcals, 20.7g fat (12.5g saturated), 77.1g carbs (3.3g sugars), 13.5g protein, 3.6g fibre, 0.83g sodium
DinnerLow sugarPastaDinnerMeat-free30-minute mealsKidsFamily mealsQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Low sugar
Salmon en croute