200g mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
4 tbsp plain flour
1L chicken stock
250g leftover cooked chicken, shredded
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large pot or casserole dish over a medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden. Add the onion, carrots and celery and turn the heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the stock and add the shredded chicken. Keep whisking for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper to taste. Stir in half of the fresh parsley.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately, garnished with the remaining parsley.
298kcals, 15.1g fat (7.5g saturated), 18.1g carbs (5.2g sugars), 23.2g protein, 2.9g fibre, 1g sodium