Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and and cook according to the package instructions until just al dente. Drain, reserving about 250ml of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt half of the butter in a large heavy pan over a medium heat. Add the black pepper and cook for one minute.
- Add half of the reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and the remaining butter.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the Parmesan or Grana Padano, stirring and tossing with tongs until the cheese has completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Pecorino, stirring and tossing until the cheese has melted and the sauce coats the pasta. Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry.
- Transfer the pasta to warm bowls and serve
Note: Grana Padano can be used as an alternative to vegetable Parmesan, if you wish.
Per serving: 598kcals, 34.6g fat (21.3g saturated), 48.5g carbs, 0g sugars, 24.9g protein, 0g fibre, 0.864g sodium
ItalianDinnerPastaDiabetic-friendlyMeat-free30-minute mealsLow-fat5-ingredient fixFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi