Makes 1 loaf
500g strong flour
2 tsp salt
1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
3 tbsp olive oil
300ml warm water
Zest of 2 oranges
200g dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl with a dough hook, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, oil and warm water together. Mix the dough for 8-10 minutes. To check if the dough is kneaded fully, take a piece of dough and stretch between your two fingers, once stretched if the dough is translucent, the gluten is fully developed.
- Add the orange zest and cranberries to the dough. Knead the dough by hand until the fillings are distributed evenly throughout the dough.
- Grease a large bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with cling film or a clean tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for one hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the cling film from the bowl, punch the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Mould the dough into a tight ball and place on a lined baking tray. Cover the loaf with cling film or a towel and leave to prove again for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and place a roasting tin at the bottom of the oven.
- Once the dough has proved, use a sharp knife to cut a slit along the top of the loaf.
- Place the bread into the hot oven and pour 300ml of cold water into the roasting tin at the bottom of the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap the bottom.
218kcals, 4.8g fat (0.6g saturated), 39.1g carbs (0.7g sugars), 5.8g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.465g sodium