60g pine nuts
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
3 courgettes, halved and thinly sliced
Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- Place the pine nuts in a dry pan over a medium-low heat and toast lightly for 3-4 minutes until golden, watching them carefully to ensure they don’t burn. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and courgettes and season with the chilli flakes (if using) and some salt and black pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes until softened and golden. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the mushrooms, season and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes longer. Return the courgette mixture to the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables along with the fresh basil, lemon zest and Parmesan. Stir in the ricotta and add a splash of the cooking water to loosen.
- Divide amongst bowls and top with the toasted pine nuts and some extra Parmesan.
Per Serving: 586kcals, 22.7g fat (7.1g saturated), 72.1g carbs (6g sugars), 27.5g protein, 5.2g fibre, 0.254g sodium