3 large Eggs
175g self-raising flour
175g caster sugar
175g Avonmore Irish Butter, softened
1½ level tsp baking powder
40g cocoa powder
4 tbsp boiling water
1 x 154g packet of Oreos, finely crushed
Chocolate ganache filling:
150ml Avonmore Double Cream
150g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
Oreo Cream Filling
250ml Avonmore Double Cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6-7 Oreos, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease two 17cm deep sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth.
- Put the cocoa in a separate mixing bowl and gradually stir in the water to make a stiff paste. Add to this the cake batter, then gently stir in half of the crushed Oreos.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then turn on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the cream and chocolate over a pan of hot water over a low heat. Stir until smooth, then set aside to cool and thicken.
- To make the filling, combine the cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whip until thick. Stir through the crushed Oreos.
- Sandwich the cakes together with the Oreo cream. Top with the chocolate icing and sprinkle crushed Oreo biscuits on top.