For the colcannon topping:
2 tbsp butter
100g Savoy cabbage, sliced
1 leek, washed, trimmed and chopped
400g mashed potato
For the filling:
2 bay leaves
3 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tbsp cornflour
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
160g cod, cut into chunks
160g smoked haddock, cut into chunks
160g salmon fillets, cut into chunks
100g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the cabbage and leek and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Transfer the cabbage mixture to a bowl, add the mashed potato and mix to combine well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan, add the bay leaves and spring onions and bring to a simmer.
- In a cup, stir together the cornflour and three tablespoons cold water to form a paste. Add this mixture to the milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened
slightly. Season well.
- Add the mustard and dill and cook for another two minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in the fish, prawns and peas and transfer into a large ovenproof dish.
- Top with the colcannon mash and bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling around the edges. Serve with steamed green vegetables.
Per serving: 486kcals, 18g fat (8.6g saturated), 36.7g carbs (10.6g sugars), 44g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.934g sodium