Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the colcannon topping:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the cabbage and leek and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Transfer the cabbage mixture to a bowl, add the mashed potato and mix to combine well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan, add the bay leaves and spring onions and bring to a simmer.
- In a cup, stir together the cornflour and three tablespoons cold water to form a paste. Add this mixture to the milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season well.
- Add the mustard and dill and cook for another two minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in the fish, prawns and peas and transfer into a large ovenproof dish.
- Top with the colcannon mash and bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling around the edges. Serve with steamed green vegetables.
Per serving: 486kcals, 18g fat (8.6g saturated), 36.7g carbs (10.6g sugars), 44g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.934g sodium
Gluten-freeDinnerFish & seafoodFreezer-friendlyHigh-proteinFamily mealsFree-fromQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR