Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dough:
For the filling:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the instant coffee to the warm milk, then stir in the melted butter and egg.
- Add the milky coffee mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and has good strength to it.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film and set aside for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size (or place in the fridge for up to 24 hours).
- For the filling, mix together the cinnamon and butter until combined.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to a 50 x 30cm rectangle. Spread over the cinnamon butter, then scatter the nuts evenly over the top. Press down lightly with your hands so the nuts stick into the dough.
- With a long side facing you, roll up the dough as tightly as possible to, like a Swiss roll. Pinch the dough together to seal the open edge, then use a large knife to cut the sausage of dough in half along its length, leaving about 5cm attached at one end. You should now have two long strips of dough to work with.
- Grease a large baking tray and line with parchment, then transfer the dough onto the tray. Twist the two pieces together, turning the cut edges outwards to expose the filling. Once twisted, connect the two ends to make a wreath shape about 26cm in diameter with a 12cm hole in the middle. Tuck one end under the other to hide the uncut piece of dough. Cover loosely with oiled cling film and leave the bread to prove for 30-40 minutes until risen by roughly a third.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/150 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Uncover the bread and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden all over, rotating the tray halfway through. Leave to cool on the tray for 20 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a thick but pourable icing. Drizzle over the wreath, then scatter with extra nuts.
Why not try our top 8 cinnamon recipes here!
Per Serving: 421kcals, 18.9g fat (7.8g saturated), 55.6g carbs (15.2g sugars), 8.5g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.291g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons