Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Take half the melted butter and set it aside. Leave the rest in the pan.
- Add the onions and celery to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and translucent, but not coloured.
- Place the breadcrumbs and herbs into a large bowl and stir to combine thoroughly. Season to taste.
- Add any extra ingredients here to jazz up your stuffing, if doing so. (Check out our suggestions on the right.)
- Pour the reserved melted butter and the cooked onion and celery over the breadcrumb mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish (approx. 20 x 20cm) and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- If you’re cooking for guests with dietary requirements, then swap regular butter for a dairy-free alternative, or use gluten-free breadcrumbs and stock.
- If you don’t use all the breadcrumbs, you can freeze them for up to three months in a sealed bag.
This stuffing will last three to four days when covered and kept in the fridge.
Per serving: 521kcals, 30.8g fat (18g saturated), 52g carbs (5.5g sugars), 9.8g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.534g sodium