Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the filling:
- Combine all ingredients for the crust together in a large bowl, and rub with your fingers until you get coarse crumbs. Add 4 tbsp very cold water and mix until just combined. Shape the dough into a 5-inch disc, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 13-inch circle. Transfer into a 9-inch, deep pie dish, making sure that the dough easily fits into the dish without needing to be stretched. Crimp the edges and place the pie crust back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and blind bake the pie crust for 20 minutes, or until pale in colour and partially cooked. Remove baking beans and set aside. Decrease the oven temperature to 175°C/155°C fan/gas mark 3.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter smells nutty and takes on a golden brown colour. Transfer to a large heat-proof bowl to cool.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, corn syrup and golden syrup until smooth. Then, whisk in the eggs bourbon, vanilla and salt. Sprinkle the chopped pecans onto the baked pie crust and pour the syrup filling on top. Place the whole pecan halves on top in a nice circular pattern.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until just set and bubbling at the edges. The pie will be a little bit wobbly, but will continue to cook as it cools. Leave to set for 4 hours or overnight and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
654kcals, 42.3g fat (15.5g saturated), 64.4g carbs, 33.3g sugars, 33.3g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.442g sodium
Popular in American
Turkey sloppy joes