For the meatloaf
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
900g beef mince
2 large eggs
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1⁄2 tsp Italian seasoning
1⁄2 tsp paprika
For the sauce:
1 1⁄2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 900g loaf tin with parchment.
- To the cooled onion, add all of the remaining ingredients for the meatloaf and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin, gently pressing it in evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, uncovered. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Spread the sauce over the meatloaf, then return to oven for an extra 15 minutes.
- Rest the meatloaf for 10 minutes, then slice. Drizzle with any juices from the tin before serving.
Per Serving: 456kcals, 15.5g fat (4.8g saturated), 25.9g carbs (13.1g sugars), 51.3g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.629g sodium