Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the Buffalo sauce:
- Lay the chicken fillets between two slices of cling film on a work surface. Use a rolling pin to pound the fillets to an even thickness.
- Add the fillets to a re-sealable plastic bag. Pour in the buttermilk, hot sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Close the bag and mix to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight if possible.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the Buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until combined.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika in a shallow bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off, and dredge in the flour mixture until coated.
- Fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- Toss the crispy chicken in the Buffalo sauce until coated.
- Stir the remaining sauce with the garlic mayo and spread onto the bottom of the toasted brioche buns. Top with a chicken fillet and shredded carrot and cabbage to serve.
Per serving 658cals, 23.2g (13.6g saturated), 56.9g carbs (3.1g sugars), 31.3g protein, 1g fibre, 1.932g sodium
TEST KITCHEN TIP
The Buffalo sauce may solidify or separate due to the butter; if this happens, simply reheat and stir to combine.