Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meat sauce:
For the cheese sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and return to a medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 6-8 minutes until soft.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the beef mince. Cook for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink, breaking any lumps down with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and add the thyme and oregano.
- Add the wine and stir the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the mushrooms along with the tomatoes and tomato puré Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced.
- Remove the meat sauce from the heat and let cool.
- For the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Once melted, add the flour and quickly whisk into the butter.
- Add about a quarter of the milk and whisk quickly to combine. As soon as it has combined, add another quarter of the milk. Repeat until the milk is used up; you may need more or less depending on how thick you want the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the Cheddar and mustard, whisking until melted. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Spread half of the meat sauce onto the base of a large baking dish. Layer with half of the lasagne sheets, then half of the white sauce. Repeat these layers, finishing with the remaining white sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and cover with tin foil. Bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Per serving: 530kcals, 22.1g fat (9.8g saturated), 36.9g carbs, 8.2g sugars, 40.7g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.36g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat