Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a very large pot over a medium heat. Cook the fennel, onion, shallots and salt for 8-10 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes and tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, wine, fish stock and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the cooking liquid.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Check that the clams and mussels have begun to open.
- Add the fish and prawns.
- Cover and simmer gently for another 5-6 minutes until the fish and prawns are just cooked through. The mussels and clams should be completely open; remove and discard any that remain closed. Season to with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with fresh parsley to serve.
Per serving: 465kcals, 13.1g fat (2.4g saturated), 27g carbs (8.3g sugars), 50g protein, 4g fibre, 3.225g sodium
TOP TIP: For a special way to serve this cioppino, hollow out round bread rolls and use as bread bowls!
ItalianDairy-freeDinnerFish & seafoodDiabetic-friendlyValentine’s DayCholesterol-friendly recipesLow-fatAmericanSpecial OccasionsOne-potCuisinesDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat