100g porridge oats, plus extra to decorate
150g soft brown sugar
100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- In a food processor, blend the porridge oats to form a course flour. Add the porridge to a bowl and pour on the milk.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir into the porridge mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared muffin tray. Sprinkle with some porridge oats.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops feel springy to the touch. Allow to cool. Perfect for lunch boxes
Per Serving 165kcals, 1.9g fat (0.5g saturated), 33.2g carbs (15g sugars), 4.6g protein, 2.2g bre, 0.127g sodium