Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cinnamon sugar filling
For the pancakes
For the pecan crunch
- To prepare the cinnamon sugar filling, add melted butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and stir together. Pour the mixture into a plastic ziplock bag and set aside to cool.
- To prepare the pancake batter, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a large mixing bowl, and whisk to combine. Add the sour cream, butter, egg and milk, and stir together.
- Scoop the pancake batter onto a hot griddle using a large spoon or a quarter-cup measuring cup. Allow the pancakes to cook for two minutes, then add a swirl of cinnamon sugar by snipping the corner off the cinnamon sugar bag, pushing the tip of the bag into the batter, and carefully piping the mixture into the pancake batter in a swirl. Make sure to let this side sit until it is mostly set from the steam, otherwise, the swirl will be destroyed.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, about seven minutes on the first side and five on the second side, remove them from the griddle using a large spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Turn them onto a plate, swirl-side facing upwards.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the pecan crunch topping and pile on top of the prepared pancakes. Add maple syrup to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
- If you’re finding it’s taking too long for the swirl to set before flipping the pancake over, cover the pancake with a pot lid or a plate for a few minutes.
- The pecan crunch can be made separately and is so good on lots of other things. We love it on porridge or French toast.
Per serving: 468 kcals, 36.5g fat (16.5g saturated), 34.4g carbs (22.6g sugars), 4.9g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.463g sodium
Popular in Pancakes