For the prosecco syrup:
200g Siúcra Caster Sugar
150ml cranberry juice
For the frosted cranberries:
100g fresh cranberries
100g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
For the cake:
160g softened butter
180g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
280g plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
For the icing:
120g softened butter
250g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the bow:
Siúcra Roll Out Icing
Deep red colour paste
Sprigs of rosemary, dipped in Siúcra granulated sugar
- To prepare the prosecco syrup, place the sugar, prosecco and cranberry juice into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until medium to thick consistency.
- Leave to cool completely before using.
- To prepare the frosted cranberries, use 3 tbsp of the prosecco syrup, combine the cranberries into this and then spread the Siucra granulated sugar out on a large plate. Roll the syrupy cranberries into the sugar and leave to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- To prepare the cake, brush a 22cm round tin (or a spring form tin) with a hole in the centre generously with melted butter.
- Place the butter, Siucra light golden brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and whisk well.
- Sift the plain flour and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Add in enough milk to form a soft cake batter.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and it comes out clean.
- To prepare the icing, whisk all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- When the cake is bake and is still hot, make some holes in the top with a skewer and pour the prosecco syrup over, spreading as you go. Leave to soak in.
- To decorate, place the cake on a cake stand. Using a palette knife, spread the icing over the top, sides and inside of the cake.
- Colour some Siucra ready roll icing with red colour paste and make a bow.
- Arrange the frosted cranberries and rosemary sprigs and the pretty bow on top.
Per Serving 656kcals, 26.1g fat (15.7g saturated), 98g carbs (73.2g sugars), 6.8g protein, 1.6g bre, 0.208g sodium