Makes about 70 cookies
For the filling:
300g milk chocolate chips
150g condensed milk
1 tbsp butter
For the biscuit:
160g butter, at room temperature
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g brown sugar
250g all-purpose flour, sifted
Splash of milk
Handful of walnuts, chopped (optional)
Red and green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, condensed milk and butter. Stir together and set aside to cool slightly while you make the biscuit.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, salt, vanilla and sugar. Blend in the flour and mix well. Add a few drops of milk, just enough to help it come together.
- Divide the dough in three. On a lightly floured surface, roll each one out to a rectangle, with one of the longer sides facing towards you. Spread each with a third of the chocolate filling and sprinkle with walnuts and/or sprinkles, if desired.
- Roll each one up, starting with the long side closest to you and working away from you. Carefully transfer each roll to an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before removing from the baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Allow to come to room temperature, then wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When chilled, cut into 1cm slices.
Per Serving 66kcals, 2.9g fat (1.6g saturated), 9.1g carbs, 3.3g sugars, 0.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.05g sodium