Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the coating:
For the cannoli:
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa powder for the coating.
- Heat about 5cm of vegetable oil to about 180˚C in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Ricotta and sugar. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a sixth of the mixture down the centre the middle of a tortilla and roll up like a burrito. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and Ricotta mixture.
- Working one at a time, cook the cannoli in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown. Remove and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Roll in the coating mixture, remove the toothpicks and serve immediately
Per serving: 578kcals, 38.8g fat (18.8g saturated), 52.2g carbs, 37.5g sugars, 7.9g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.163g sodium
If you don’t have a kitchen thermometer, you can check the oil is at the right temperature for frying by sticking the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. The oil should start to bubble steadily. If it bubbles very vigorously, then the oil is too hot. If no bubbles, or very few, pop up, it’s not hot enough.
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat