Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Cream the butter and sugars using a paddle attachment in a stand mixer.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint (if using) and beat until combined. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder, and mix on a gentle speed until combined. Again, make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix again until combined.
- Roll into balls immediately, then chill for at least one hour.
- On parchment lined baking trays, bake in a preheated oven at 170°C/150°C fan/gas mark 3 for 12-15 mins, then set aside to cool for one hour.
- Dip half the cookie into the white chocolate, then set on a baking tray. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the white chocolate while it's still slightly melted.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- The cookies should still be soft when they come out of the oven. This ensures a soft centre.
- Lots of cooling time, but we promise they’re worth the wait!
- This dough can be frozen but thaw the dough before baking.
- The mix can seem crumbly before baking – that’s fine, just use your hands to shape it.
Per serving 305kcals, 17.1g fat (10.6g saturated), 36.4g carbs (23.7g sugars), 1.7g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.152g sodium