Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place the walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, tossing every few minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the icing sugar, cocoa powder, salt, egg whites, vanilla and orange zest until fully combined. Add the nuts and stir to combine.
- Drop six two-tablespoon scoops of the batter onto each baking tray, spacing them out well from each other and the edge of the tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating and switching the baking trays half way through. The cookies are done when they are fully puffed up and cracked on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking tray for a few minutes, then slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough to make the rest of the cookies.
Note: Any combination of your favourite nuts can be used as an alternative to walnuts, if you wish.
Per serving: 195kcals, 9.6g fat (0.8g saturated), 25.7g carbs, 22.4.g sugars, 5g protein, 2g fibre, 0.055g sodium