Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dough
For the filling
For the icing
- In a jug, stir together the milk, sugar and yeast. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then allow it to sit, covered, for five minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Using a dough hook attachment, start mixing on a slow speed for 4-5 minutes. Mix at a higher speed for five more minutes.
- Add the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling film and allow to prove in a warm place for at least one hour or until doubled in size.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Line a 30 x 20cm tin with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a floured surface. Roll the dough into a 40 x 50cm rectangle. Spread the cinnamon mixture over the rolled dough and sprinkle the chocolate on top.
- Roll the dough up, starting from the longest side. Cut the dough into 12 even slices. Add the slices into a greased tin with the swirls facing upwards. Cover, and allow to prove for 30 minutes, until doubled in size again
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure they are no longer doughy
- To make the icing, beat all the ingredients together until smooth. Pour the icing onto the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle orange zest on top to decorate and serve warm.
Per serving: 586kcals, 22.8g fat (11.5g saturated), 88.6g carbs, 44.8g sugars, 8.8g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.331g sodium
Popular in Vegetarian
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR