Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the fruit mix:
For the cake:
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed fruit, dried cranberries, apricots and coffee liquer. Stir well, then set aside to marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line a deep 20cm cake tin with a double layer of non-stick parchment paper, then wrap a double layer of parchment around the outside and tie with string to secure.
- Once the fruit has finished marinating, strain off any excess liquid. Add the treacle, orange zest and juice.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the fruit mixture to the butter mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 3-3½ hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and brush it with Tia Maria. Wrap the cake in a tea towel and leave it to cool.
- Once the cake is cool, store in an airtight container. Regularly brush the cake with coffee liquer until it’s time to enjoy.
Per Serving: 515kcals, 17.6g fat (9.4g saturated), 71.4g carbs (30.3g sugars), 4.9g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.102g sodium
TOP TIP: You can decorate this cake with marzipan and fondant icing or with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh fruits.