Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes, plus cooling time
For the roulade
3 large eggs
125g Siúcra Caster Sugar
60g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
For the filling
250ml double cream
2 tsp Siúcra Icing Sugar
250g salted caramel sauce
Mini eggs, whole and crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a 34 x 24cm Swiss roll tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and Siúcra Caster Sugar. Using an electric mixer, whisk until thick and creamy.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa. Add one tablespoon of hot water and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, smoothing gently into the corners, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While still warm, turn the sponge out onto a clean piece of parchment paper. Peel off the parchment used to line the tin. Roll the sponge and parchment up from one of the short ends and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and Siúcra Icing Sugar until it forms soft peaks
- Unroll the sponge and spread 200g of the salted caramel sauce and the whipped cream. Carefully roll the sponge back up, this time without the parchment paper
- In a bowl, warm the remaining caramel sauce for 20 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle the sauce over the sponge and decorate with whole and chopped mini eggs.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe proudly brought to you by