225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1ó tsp vanilla extract
340g plain flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
320g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 3-4 minutes until uffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the our, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- 5Transfer the dough into the prepared baking tin and smooth the top with a spatula, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
238kcals, 12.1g fat (7.7g saturated), 29.3g carbs (17.5g sugars), 3.1g protein, 0.8g bre, 0.196g sodium