Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 3-4 minutes until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared baking tin and smooth the top with a spatula, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
238kcals, 12.1g fat (7.7g saturated), 29.3g carbs (17.5g sugars), 3.1g protein, 0.8g bre, 0.196g sodium
Kids bakingPicnicFreezer-friendlySweet thingsChocolateSpecial OccasionsKidsAfternoon teaBakingVegetarian
Popular in Kids baking