4 medium Fyffes bananas, ripe
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g almond flour
120g coconut flour
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
100g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Spray an 20cm square baking tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the bananas, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Whizz until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, folding gently until well combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking tin and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer the tin to a wire rack and allow to cool for 20 minutes, then slice in 12.
Per serving: 178kcals, 8.3g fat (3.9g saturated), 23.1g carbs, 10.2g sugars, 2.2g protein, 6.9g fibre, 0.122g sodium
This recipe is brought to you by Fyffes