1 large egg white
2½ tbsp cornflour
4 chicken fillets, thinly sliced
1½ tbsp vegetable oil
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
200g button mushrooms, sliced
200g sugar snap peas
1 x 225g tin of sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 x 225g tin of sliced bamboo shoots, drained
Salt and black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
180ml chicken stock
1½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1½ tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg white and one tablespoon of the cornflour. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then strain away and discard any excess liquid.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the carrot and one tablespoon of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes longer until lightly browned.
- Add the sugar snaps and cook for one minute longer. Stir in the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
- Season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, then stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until just cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Whisk in the remaining cornflour.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and toss for one minute to heat through. Pour in the sauce and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil and cook for one minute or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately over rice.
Per Serving 558kcals, 22.5g fat (4.8g saturated), 42g carbs (11.1g sugars), 47.6g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.477g sodium