Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a medium bowl, season half of the cornflour with salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over a medium heat. Cook the chicken in batches until golden, then set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, then add the remaining oil and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, onions and carrot and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, turmeric, curry powder, star anise and honey. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a cup, stir the remaining cornflour together with three tablespoons of water. Add this to the sauce along with the chicken pieces and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir in the peas.
- Sprinkle the curry with chopped spring onions and serve with chips and prawn crackers.
Per serving: 449kcals, 17.7g fat (4.2g saturated), 28.7g carbs, 11.1g sugars, 42.8g protein, 5.2g fibre, 0.634g sodium
ChickenDairy-freeDinnerFreezer-friendlyCurryDinnerChineseLow-fatHigh-proteinKidsFamily mealsCuisinesFree-fromQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Instant ramen noodles