2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp chilli powder
Salt and black pepper
120ml vegetable stock
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
200g baby potatoes, chopped
140g kale, finely chopped
4 large eggs
120g goat’s cheese
Crusty bread (optional)
- 1 Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a deep pot over a medium heat and cook the onion and pepper for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, half of the chilli powder and some black pepper and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the stock and tomatoes. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until thickened, then whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining chilli powder and some salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Pour in the sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Stir in the kale and allow to wilt slightly.
- Use a spoon to make four wells in the sauce. One at a time, crack the eggs into a saucer, then slide one into each well. Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes or until the eggs are just cooked to your liking, then remove from the heat.
- Scatter over the goat’s cheese and allow to sit with the lid on for 3-4 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with some crusty bread for dipping, if desired.
Per Serving: 628kcals, 33.4g fat (12.8g saturated), 46.3g carbs (3.3g sugars), 32.9g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.648g sodium