For the strawberry relish:
450g strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp black pepper
50ml red wine vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the chicken:
2 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
1pinch of salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Crunchy lettuce, shredded
- Place the strawberries in a pan with the remaining relish ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
- In a sealable bag, mix the chicken with three tablespoons of the strawberry relish and add the salt and black pepper. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least four hours, overnight if possible.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked. Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with crunchy lettuce and crumbled Feta and top with extra strawberry relish to serve.
Per serving:708kcals, 19.1g fat (4g saturated), 98.2g carbs, 87g sugars, 41.7g protein, 7.1g fibre, 0.201g sodium
TOP TIP: Store any leftover relish in a sterilised, airtight glass jar for up to two weeks and try it in a goat’s cheese toastie – yum!