Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the chicken on all sides, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Pour off all but one tablespoon of fat from the pan. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add the chickpeas, harissa and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Nestle the chicken thighs in amongst the chickpeas, skin side up. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
- Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Per serving: 457kcals, 18.4g fat (4.3g saturated), 14.5g carbs (2.5g sugars), 55.8g protein, 3.5g bre, 0.322g sodium
ChickenDairy-freeDinnerLow carb30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsOne-potCuisinesMoroccanDinner partyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad