1 onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
60g plain flour
550ml chicken stock
120g frozen peas
Salt and black pepper
250g cooked chicken, chopped
4 bread rolls, tops sliced off, insides hollowed out
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, celery and carrots for 6-8 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chicken stock and stir well.
- Add the cream and cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chicken and peas. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste, then ladle into bread bowls and serve immediately.
Per serving: 434kcals, 19.3g fat (11g saturated), 38.3g carbs (8.5g sugars), 25.2g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.85g sodium