4 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
100g plain flour
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
500ml tomato sauce, homemade or shop-bought
2 x 125g balls of Mozzarella, sliced
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken between two sheets of cling film and pound to an even thickness using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl and stir in the Italian seasoning. Beat the egg in a second bowl and pour the breadcrumbs into a third.
- One piece at a time, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing them on to coat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned all over, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove to a baking dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over and around the chicken. Cover the chicken fillets with slices of Mozzarella.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Drain the spaghetti and divide between serving bowls. Top each portion with some tomato sauce and add a piece of chicken to each. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and serve with garlic bread on the side for mopping up the sauce.
Per Serving: 778kcals, 22.8g fat (3.9g saturated), 89.2g carbs, 7.5g sugars, 53.1g protein, 3.8g fibre, 1.02g sodium