1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
Salt and black pepper
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp smoked paprika
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp tomato purée
360ml chicken stock
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
120g sour cream
Fresh parsley, chopped
Rice, mash or tagliatelle
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes until sealed on all sides but not cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the red pepper to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly charred but retaining a crunch. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to low and add the chopped onion to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and continue cooking for one minute longer.
- Add the paprika and flour and stir to combine. Stir in the tomato purée.
- Add 100ml of the chicken stock and whisk until blended, then whisk in the remaining stock. Stir in the tinned tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the chickpeas. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and stir in the red pepper strips and the sour cream. Remove from the heat immediately. Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with rice, mashed potato or tagliatelle.
Per Serving: 488kcals, 18.9g fat (6.3g saturated), 49g carbs, 12.1g sugars, 33.5g protein, 13g fibre, 0.432g sodium