1.2kg sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 leeks, sliced
450g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
100ml white wine
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes until soft. Drain well, then return to the heat and steam dry for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan. Add the butter, salt and pepper and mash until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the leeks to the same pan and stir to coat in the chicken drippings. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and tarragon and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the cream and white wine. Season to taste and transfer to a baking dish.
- Top the chicken with the sweet potato mash and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are bubbling.
Per serving: 431kcals, 13.6g fat (5.4g saturated), 51.7g carbs, 15.8g sugar, 26.8g protein, 8.7g fibre, 0.379g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
For a lighter version, replace 100ml of the cream with milk. This will also be delicious made with a mashed potato topping, or even a combination of mashed root vegetables.