Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the garlic butter:
- Place all of the ingredients for the garlic butter into food processor and blitz together. Set aside.
- Lay a chicken breast on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to make a deep pocket inside the breast. The easiest way is to push the point of a knife into the fat end and keep going halfway into the fillet. Be careful not to cut all the way through or the butter will leak out when cooking. Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Push a quarter of the garlic butter inside each chicken breast, press to flatten and re-seal with your hands. Set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish, and tip the eggs into another.
- In a third dish, mix the flour and some salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the flour to coat completely, then into the egg and finally the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to the tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with mash and steamed green veggies.
Note: vegetable oil can be used as an alternative to sunflower oil, if you wish.
Per serving: 695cals, 41.3g (18.1g saturated), 29g carbs (1.4g sugars), 49.9g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.431g sodium